As light as it gets! You need the lightest possible packraft? The Alpacka Scout is your ticket! Weighing as low as 1470grams, the ultralight Alpacka Scout is everything you need when weight and space is premium. So light and small you won’t even know it is in your pack 😉 Perfect for fastpacking, crossing rivers, ski touring, canyoneering, mountain lake exploration and fishing.
The 2021 3rd Generation Alpacka Scout (1470grams) features a 9.2 inch Classic Hull, which enables the Scout to be used as a full fledged backcountry packraft in addition to its regular duties as an ultralight canyoneering and mountain lake specialist. The bow and stern both have additional volume for better flotation and a more balanced feel while paddling.
The 2022 4th Generation Alpacka Scout (1580grams) is the most comfortable and competent mountain lake and canyoneering packraft Alpacka has ever built. The hull shape is derived from the Classic, and provides substantially better tracking and paddling performance than previous generation Scout models. It also has additional legroom and is comfortable for paddlers up to 6’2”. The Scout features a lightweight 210d nylon tube fabric and 420d floor. The Scout is also an excellent option for kids, summer trips to the local lake, and easy flatwater floats on the local river.
We recommend the Refuge for extended backcountry trips with more paddling.
Alpacka Scout – Best Use:
- Flat water paddling, lakes and easy river tours
- Canyoneering, exploration, micro adventures
- Urban Packrafting
- Fast packing, adventure races, geocaching
- Adventures when small and ultralight gear matters most
- Also great for the kids and family fun at the lake and sea
Alpacka Scout – Features:
- Manufacturing: Hand made by Alpacka Raft in Mancos, Colorado, USA.
- Shape: Classic Hull
- Tube Diameter: 9.2-inch
- Colours: Cedar Green, Blue Berry
- Valve: Temper assist valve for inflation and deflation
- Attachments: 1 stern grab loop
- Seating: Removable Scout Seat included
- Build Configurations: Open
- Includes: Inflation Bag, Stuff Sack, and Basic Repair Kit
Alpacka Scout – Materials:
- Hull: Proprietary 210-denier high count nylon, single side laminated with a lightweight pigmented polyurethane film (Made in USA). This is the same fabric used in the Caribou, which optimizes packability and weight savings while maintaining sufficient tear strength for the Scout’s intended uses.
- Floor: Proprietary 420-denier nylon, laminated on both sides with polyurethane film (Made in USA).
- Seat: Inlcuded seat made from 200-denier oxford nylon, with single side polyurethane laminate (Made in USA).
- Accessories: All grab loops and similar attachments are manufactured by Alpacka Raft in Mancos, Colorado out of scrap floor materials and USA made webbing. Small parts and fasteners are Made in USA, when available, and sourced from industry leaders like Duraflex, YKK, and ITW-Nexus.
Alpacka Scout – Build Configurations:
- Open: The Alpacka Scout is available only as an open build configuration.
- Cargo Fly Zipper: A standard option on the Refuge, the Cargo Fly is the ultimate packraft gear storage solution. It features an airtight zipper installed in the stern of the boat to allow you to load your gear inside the tubes. The system provides drier and more secure gear storage and improved paddling performance due to a lower center of gravity. The Cargo Fly is perfect for expeditions, whitewater performance, and keeping your gear dry in any conditions.
Size & Specifications:
- Exterior Length – 193cm
- Exterior Width – 84cm
- Interior Length – 97cm
- Interior Width – 38cm
- Weight* – 1470grams
- Packed Size** – 38x13cm
- Max Capacity*** 102kgs